Buckeye-Larchmere Transformational Narrative
The Saint Luke’s Foundation of Cleveland began the transformational program in the Buckeye-Larchmere area in 2005. A Community Focused Grant was awarded to our neighborhoods to carry out a community planning initiative that engages residents and other stakeholders of the focused area, supporting neighborhood improvements.
A key component of the Transformational Plan is to build on the existing are strengths, assets and anchors, to promote neighborhood health and stability.
The Saint Luke’s Foundation has awarded the neighborhoods five-million dollars over a seven-year period under the guidance of Neighborhood Progress, Inc. (NPI), who serves as the fiscal agent for the grant.
Buckeye Shaker Square Development Corporation is working with NPI to continue the implementation of strategies that address priority concerns with the focused areas.
Download our Transformational Narrative to learn more about this plan, including:
- Larchmere community progress
- Buckeye neighborhood revitalization efforts
- CiTiRama development
- Art & Soul Park
- New Harvey Rice School
- Learning Center at new Rice Branch Library
- East 116th St. RTA Station Plan
- Buckeye Woodhill RTA Station
- MetroHealth Buckeye Health Center & Saint Luke’s Manor
- The Apple Tree and other public art
- Cleveland Botanical Garden, Buckeye Urban Farm
- Buckeye new development